Windows Kernel event ID 41 error generally occurs when your computer restarts unexpectedly or due to sudden power failures.
When the computer restarts a critical Windows error message gets recorded in the event log:
Event ID: 41
Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first.
When a computer running on Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. If the computer was not shut down cleanly, a Kernel Power Event 41 message is generated.
However, Windows Kernel event ID 41 error can also occur due to faulty PSU or underpowered/failed power input. So, before trying the below troubleshooting steps make sure to check for faulty or lose power supply connection.
1. Open Command Prompt by right clicking the Windows icon in bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Now, type the following command and hit Enter after each one.
sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows
chkdsk c: /r
Note: Make sure to use the drive where Windows is installed.
3. Exit command prompt and restart your computer.
1. Press Windows + R, type regedit and click OK to open Registry Editor. Click Yes if prompted.
2. Now, navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Device Metadata and double click on the DeviceMetadataServiceURL in the right.
3. Now, replace the Value data to http://dmd.metaservices.microsoft.com/dms/metadata.svc
4. Click OK and close Registry Editor to resolve event ID 41 error.
1. Press Windows + R, type msconfig and click OK to open System Configuration.
2. Choose Selective Startup in the General tab and uncheck Load startup items.
3. Now, go to Services tab, check mark Hide all Microsoft services box and click Disable all.
4. Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Note: After finishing the above troubleshooting steps, make sure to undo the changes in order to start your computer normally.
If the above methods fails to solve event ID 41 error then repair install your computer. Repair Install will repair your system issues without deleting user data present on the system.
That’s all!!. Now since the blog is based on user’s real experiences, so assumptions are high that it would have helped you in the proper fixation of Windows 10 Script Host Errors.