A Windows user might have faced error pop-ups saying Audio services not responding, or Audio is no longer working on your computer.
This error may occur if the audio driver is outdated and couldn’t function properly, or while updating Windows, the audio driver gets damaged.
In any of the cases, follow these methods to resolve audio services not responding error.
1. Press Windows + S, type Services and click to open services list.
2. Now, look for Plug and Play, Windows Audio, Windows Audio Endpoint Builder and make sure the Status of these services is Running and the Startup Type is Automatic.
3. If Startup Type is not Automatic, then double click on the services to open Properties and set them to Automatic.
4. In the Services window, right click on each services and click Restart.
5. Now, press Windows + S, type msconfig.exe and click to open.
6. Go to Services tab and look for Plug and Play, Windows Audio, Windows Audio Endpoint Builder.
7. Make sure the above services are checked in msconfig.exe
8. Restart your computer to apply the changes.
1. Download and install CCleaner.
2. Go to Registry > Scan for Issues > Fix selected issues.
3. Now, press Windows + S, type Device Manager and click to open.
4. Expand Sound, video and game controllers, right click on the sound device and select Uninstall.
5. Restart your computer to apply the changes.
1. Press Windows + S, type regedit and click to open.
2. Now, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > AudioEndPointBuilder > Parameters.
3. Look for ServiceDll on right, if the value is %SystemRoot%\System32\Audiosrv.dll, replace it with %SystemRoot%\System32\AudioEndPointBuilder.dll
4. Restart your computer to apply changes.
1. Press Windows + S, type Troubleshooter and click to open.
2. Select Hardware and Sound.
3. Now, click on Playing Audio under Sound.
4. Click Advanced Options in the Playing Audio window, check mark Apply repairs automatically and click Next.
5. Troubleshooter will automatically diagnose the issue and ask you if you want to apply the fix or not.
6. Click Apply this fix and restart your computer to apply changes.
Properly following the above given methods can troubleshoot audio services not responding issue.
If audio services not responding issue is not resolved by following the above steps, contact your computer’s manufacturer.
Get a Tech Expert help to resolve this issue.