Table of Contents
- 1 Is your iPhone X having iOS 11.3 installed in it and battery draining fast all of a sudden?
- 2 Tips to fix battery drain issue for iPhone iOS 11.3 users:
- 2.1 Wait for the Update:
- 2.2 Test on Standby mode:
- 2.3 Check Battery Usage:
- 2.4 Restart/Reset your iPhone:
- 2.5 Check and Maintain Battery Health:
- 2.6 Low Power Mode:
- 2.7 Disable Unwanted Widgets:
- 2.8 Contact or Visit Apple Store:
- 2.9 Restore iPhone as new:
Is your iPhone X having iOS 11.3 installed in it and battery draining fast all of a sudden?
iPhone generally granted 10 to 12 hours of battery life while browsing the web, checking mail and watching video, but if you have just updated iOS 11.3 you will find serious drain in your battery power.
Some users have updated iOS 11.3 and discovered that their battery is running down faster than usual.
If your iPhone X’s battery is draining faster after updating iOS 11.3 then check out the tips help you in fixing the battery drain problem.
Tips to fix battery drain issue for iPhone iOS 11.3 users:
Wait for the Update:
If you have just upgraded to a new iPhone model and updated iOS 11.3 give your device a day till it finish up the process and come back to the normal.
If your issues are solved, that’s great, if not, keep reading.
Test on Standby mode:
The next step you can take to fix iOS 11.3 battery drain issue is by making a note. You have to note down how much battery have left and put your iPhone down for 20-40 minutes. When you pick it up again note it down how much battery is left now.
In this way battery life of your iPhone returns to normal automatically when your usage returns to normal.
If your iOS battery drain issue is not resolved, then keep reading.
Check Battery Usage:
The battery life usage provides you the information of battery consumption by various apps and services on your device.
Sometimes an iOS 11.3 having battery drain issues so, here you should know exactly which apps and services are using more battery.
- Open the Settings from home screen.
- Click on Battery icon.
- Hold for a moment for Battery Usage to settle.
- Click on Show Detailed Usage button.
- Click on Last 7 Days to get an idea about power consumption.
Now, if you have identified an app that is draining battery life faster in your device, the two things you can do to extend your iPhone’s battery life.
If there is no more use of an app.
Then deletion of those apps is the best solution.
Disable your location services and background app refresh features for the app as it will help you in fixing battery draining issue.
Want to know how to disable this features?
Settings >> Privacy>> Location Services
Background app refresh:
Settings>> General>> Background App Refresh
Restart/Reset your iPhone:
Restarting and resetting is the oldest tricks that helps you in all troubleshooting because it works.
Steps for Reset/Restart:
- Quickly click and release Volume Up button.
- Quickly click and release Volume Down button.
- Press and hold on/off button.
Once your iPhone X has restarted and if again your battery is draining faster as before then try the next tip.
Check and Maintain Battery Health:
iOS 11.3 includes a feature that will provide you with battery health information. It will also show you the current maximum capacity and peak performance capability.
Battery health information inform you if your iPhone working speed degrades and even urges you to turn off advanced power management.
- Open Settings from Home screen.
- Click on battery icon.
- Open Battery Health icon.
If your iPhone X had been slow down to prevent an unexpected shutdown then iOS 11.3 will restore it to its previous, unmanaged performance levels.
Here you come to know about maximum capacity (battery capacity relative to when it was new) and how it affect peak performance capability.
Peak performance capability is the ability of your iPhone’s battery to supply adequate charge even if it face highly demanding tasks and sometimes may cause power spikes.
Apple shows the following messages, depending on the capability to handle peak performance:
- 100% (maximum capacity) – Your battery is currently supporting normal peak performance.
- 95% (maximum capacity) – iPhone has experienced an unexpected shutdown because the battery was unable to deliver the necessary peak power. Performance management has been applied to help prevent this from happening again. Disable…
- 79% or less (maximum capacity) – Your battery’s health is significantly degraded. An Apple Authorized Service Provider can replace the battery to restore full performance and capacity. More about service options…
- Unknown – This iPhone is unable to determine battery health. An apple authorized service provider can service the battery. More about service options…
In case you disable the performance management, following message you will received:
This iPhone has experienced an unexpected shutdown because the battery was unable to deliver the necessary peak power. You have manually disabled performance management protections.
If your battery have a poor health in that case you have to make an appointment at an Apple Store or contact Apple Care to arrange a replacement for your device.
Low Power Mode:
If battery is running low in your iPhone and you still have some time to get to a power source in that case you can use low power mode. It turns off processes not required at that moment and conserves as much power as it can.
- Open the Settings app.
- Click on Battery.
- Toggle Low power mode on.
Disable Unwanted Widgets:
Disable the widgets that you don’t want and ensure that they are consuming the unnecessarily battery life as some of them could be stock, weather and location services.
As the animations and dynamic wallpaper consume more battery life so in case having battery drain issue you should avoid using those wallpaper in your device.
Go to settings>> Wallpaper>> Choose wallpaper
Select either stills image or set an image from your photo library as your wallpaper.
It’s great if you have fixed iOS 11.3 battery drain issue if not next tip will definitely help you out.
Contact or Visit Apple Store:
There is some problem occurs in every device which you can’t solve. If you have Apple care or Apple care+ service in your iPhone, you should absolutely book appointment and avail yourself of it or you can also call 1- 800- MY – APPLE in order to set up a mail to repair if you lived far from the apple store.
Restore iPhone as new:
To fix iOS 11.3 battery drain issues could be resolve by the method of restore. If you have update your iPhone and you are getting battery life problems then set it up as new iPhone.
Take a backup of iPhone using iClouds and iTunes but, in case you lost all the data you can restore or recover it from Stellar Phoenix iPhone Data Recovery Software .
This is one of the best software that will helps you to recover all the missing or deleted contacts, photos, Videos, call history, messages directly in your iPhone.
Features of Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery Software for iPhone?
- Supports Data recovery from Encrypted iTunes backup files.
- Supports iPhone X,8 Plus,8,7 Plus,7, 6S, 6 Plus,6,5,4S and 4.
- Recovers Selective Data from iTunes iClouds Backup Files.
- Recovers WhatsApp, WeChat, Line and Kik Messages.
- Also Recovers Missing Photos, Videos, and Photos etc.
- Compatible with latest version of both Win as well as Mac OS.
Hopefully your iOS11.3 battery drain issue has been resolved either via the above tips or via the recommended software i.e., Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery Software for iPhone.
To stay updated on several other issues associated with Apple iOS, visit our website regularly.