iTunes is today’s one of the most popular media players. This application is quite simple and easy to use. However sometimes errors might pop up. One of such errors is the message ‘iTunes Error 53’, which can appear during program installation or at time while the program is running.
‘iTunes Error 53’ besides also get shown during the system startup or shutdown. As long as this error persists, you won’t be able to update or restore your iPhone.
The iTunes Error 53 triggers a message stating: “iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
Table of Contents
- 1 Causes of iTunes Error 53
- 2 Tips on How To Fix iTunes Error 53
- 3 About Stellar iPhone Data Recovery Software
Causes of iTunes Error 53
In case if you’re updating your iPhone and get the iTunes Error 53, chances are high that your phone had become bricked. Error like ‘Error 53’ might get caused due to a variety of factors. So to fix iTunes Error 53, its genuinely important to troubleshoot each of the possible causes to prevent it from recurring.
Here below some of the reasons have been mentioned which might result in the generation of iTunes Error 53.
- Corrupt download or incomplete installation of iTunes software.
- Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or iTunes-associated program files.
- Windows registry corruption due to a recent iTunes-related software change (install or uninstall).
- Another application viciously or mistakenly deleted iTunes-associated files.
Tips on How To Fix iTunes Error 53
Here in this article, we’ve listed 5 ways to fix ‘iTunes Error 53’. Execution of these methods will for surely enable you to use your favorite media player normally again.
Clean Junk Files
Each operating system (say Windows, Mac or etc) accumulates ridiculous amount of cache and log files after certain period of time. These junk files onto being not cleaned out periodically results in the generation of message ‘iTunes Error 53’. This generally happens because of the file confliction or an overburdened hard drive. Cleaning up these temporary files with Disk Cleanup not only solve your ‘iTunes Error 53’, but also dramatically speed up the performance of your computer system.
Uninstalling and Reinstalling the iTunes Program might be an effective way to solve iTunes Error 53. On your computer system, click Start, and then navigate to Control Panel > Programs and Features. Now locate iTunes Error 53-related program (say iTunes) under the Name column. Tag the Uninstall/change on the top menu ribbon for removing the program.
After successfully uninstalling iTunes, go to the official website (https://www.apple.com/itunes/download) for downloading the latest versions of iTunes.
iTunes Error 53 might occur because you haven’t the latest version of iTunes. Here all what you need to do is to update the software.
For Mac users:
- Open up the iTunes software.
- Select iTunes from the menu bar.
- Click on Check for updates.
- Follow up a few simple steps to install the latest version of iTunes.
For Windows users:
- Open up the iTunes software.
- Choose Help from the menu bar.
- Now click Check for updates.
- Lastly follow up a few simple steps to install the latest versions of iTunes.
Microsoft is continuously updating and enhancing the system files which could be associated with Error 53. Updating Windows might improve your overall system performance and remove system errors (including even iTunes Error 53).
To check for Windows updates, you’re require to follow the set forth steps:
- Click Start
- In the search box, type Update and then press Enter.
- Once the Windows Update box get viewed, choose Install Updates.
Update Your PC Device Drivers
iTunes Error 53 might be result of a damaged or outdated device drivers. Driver can suddenly stop working for various reasons. However the good news is that you can often update the device driver to fix the ‘iTunes Error 53’ issue.
Navigate to iTunes and then from the iTunes menu on upper left corner, choose iTunes > Check for Updates.
Navigate to iTunes, and then from the menu bar, choose Help > Check for Updates.
Repair Registry Entries Associated with iTunes Error 53
Cleaning the registry is a very useful thing every time whenever you install or uninstall some programs. This helps a lot in speeding up the entire computer system performance. Its quite simple and highly beneficial. Today in market, numerous registry cleaner products are available, some for free and some commercial ones. You can go for either of them according to your requirements. Free register cleaners include RegSeeker and Advanced Windows Care whereas three commercial ones include Registry First Aid, jv16 PowerTools and RegSupreme.
So, these were the tips for you to fix iTunes Error 53.
Now despite the fact that these tips solves the iTunes error, they sometimes lead to the disruption of the iTunes data. If such case unfortunately happens to you, here its advised not to worry and instead go for Stellar iPhone Data Recovery Software.
About Stellar iPhone Data Recovery Software
Being packed with several powerful algorithmic skills, this DIY software includes potential of recovering missing or accidentally deleted Contacts, Messages, Photos, Calendar, Videos, Call History and etc.
Some of the Comprehensive Features of Stellar iPhone Data Recovery Software include:
- Recovers missing contacts, photos, videos, camera roll, Photo Stream etc.
- Recovers WeChat, WhatsApp, Viber, Line, Tango and Kik Messages
- Recovers selective data from iTunes & iCloud Backup Files.
- Recovers data from Encrypted iTunes Backup Files.
- Supports iPhone X, 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 7, 6S Plus, 6S, 6 Plus, 6, 5S, 5c, 5, 4S And 4
- Compatible with the latest version of both the Windows as well as Mac OS.
Hopefully the blog helped you out in fixing your iTunes issue. However if think we missed anything related with the fixing of iTunes Error 53, kindly share it with us in the below comment box.