Despite of the user friendly features, Mac generates no more information than just an alert error code when something may go wrong in your system. Mac error code 50 is one of those alert messages.
Mac Error code 50 arises while deleting, copying or transferring your files from one folder to another or one drive to another. During this error, you get stuck with the current file and become unable to manage it. In such scenario, we would recommend you to go through our quick and easy solutions to fix Mac error code 50.
In a meanwhile, we will discuss all the possible solutions in order to fix Mac error code 50. Before that let’s have a look on the main causes of this error.
So, if you’re scratching your head to know the reasons behind the cause of the Mac error Code 50.
Then no more worries!!
Here, we’re going to put down the main causes of Mac error Code 50.
Table of Contents
- 1 Causes of Mac Error Code 50
- 2 Quick and Easy fixes to troubleshoot Mac error code 50
- 2.1 Method 1. Check the Drive with disk utility
- 2.2 Method 2. Eject and re-mount the drive
- 2.3 Method 3. Rename the File
- 2.4 Method 4. Change your device power settings
- 2.5 Method 5. Copy the file using terminal
- 2.6 Method 6. Install and Run the Out byte Mac Repair
- 2.7 Method 7. Contact Mac’s Customer Service Team
- 3 Conclusion
Causes of Mac Error Code 50
- When program get executed.
- File get corrupted.
- Due to damage of program files.
- When the user accidentally deleted user file.
- Mac get turn off due to power cut.
- Incorrectly modified BIOS settings.
- While sharing files from unsupported devices.
And now without wasting your much time, let me explain you the solutions to fix Mac error Code 50.
Quick and Easy fixes to troubleshoot Mac error code 50
Method 1. Check the Drive with disk utility
Check whether drive formatting is going perfect or not with the help of disk utility. You have to do it on order to run a verification procedure on the storage volume in which files are store.
Steps to do this:
- Select the volume of sidebar of disk utility.
- Go to the first Aid tab.
- Click on the verify disk.
- If errors show up, click on the repair button to fix it.
Don’t be disheartened, if the first method haven’t worked for you. As you have still 6 others to try.
Method 2. Eject and re-mount the drive
For general and less invasive approach, unplug your device. Then perform rebooting in your system. After that re-mount the external drive again in your Mac device. And once mounting get completed, try to manage the file over it.
Method 3. Rename the File
Want a fast solution?
Then this method is for you.
In this method, simply rename your file because it refer as one of the quick solution of fix error code 50. Change the present name of the file to the “myfile.txt” and accept the changes in the file extension.
Moreover, try to move or delete the file using OS X Finder.
Method 4. Change your device power settings
If none of the above three methods worked for you, then try out this method in order to fix Mac error code 50.
To do this just follow the set forth steps:
- Go to the system preferences.
- Select “Energy Saver”.
- Tick the checkbox appear with the message “Put the hard disks to sleep when possible”.
- Finally, click on the OK button.
Method 5. Copy the file using terminal
If you don’t want to delete the file from your Mac device then check out this method. So, rather than deleting file you can move it to another place.
Here are the steps to do:
- Type “mv” followed by single space to open the Finder.
- Press “Shift + command + U” to open terminal window.
- Drag and drop the problematic folder from finder to terminal window.
- Hit the enter button to execute the command.
Method 6. Install and Run the Out byte Mac Repair
Fortunately, there’re software tools in your device to boost up the performance of Mac. This can be done by emptying deleted unwanted files of certain locations. Out byte Mac repair is one of those software. Install it now to get rid of the file that you’re trying to delete.
Method 7. Contact Mac’s Customer Service Team
If you’re not confident with your skills to troubleshoot this error then don’t get discourage. This is because Mac offers an excellent customer support services. They have large customer support team with the willingness to guide you in the entire process of resolving the error code 50.
Hope the aforementioned methods has helped you in resolving the Mac error code 50 and you must have realized that fixing Mac error code is an easy-peasy.
But if you came across any queries or get fail to resolve it by your own.
Contact Apple customer support number 1-800-608-5461
You can also share with us via commenting in the comment box below. To get an immediate solutions to all your queries.