The blog deals with step-by-step guidelines on how to fix Windows 10 Error 0x800F081. However if in hurry, below is the free download software. This will let you fix Windows 10 Error 0x800F081 quickly (in no time) at free of cost. Free Download Software To Fix Windows 10 Error 0x800F081
Despite significant improvements over the last couple of years, Windows 10
is still prone to throwing out the occasional error code. However, we are going to deal with how to fix windows 10 error 0x800F081
If you receive .net framework 3.5 error code 0x800F081windows 10 mostly known as Windows 10 Error 0x800F081, then don’t worry. Here you will get the solution of this error but before going to the solution, you should understand the root cause of the error.
Let’s go for the root issue –
Why Net Framework 3.5 Error 0x800F081 Windows 10 Appears on Computer?
Particularly, .NET Framework 3.5 incompatibilities cause the above error code. Typically, this occurs when you enable the .NET Framework using either the installation wizard, the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool, or Windows PowerShell commands.
You will only see the codes generally on Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server version 1709, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012. On those operating systems, .NET Framework 3.5 is a “Feature on Demand”.
When you turn on the feature with an internet connection, Windows Update tries to grab .NET binaries along with other necessary files. If your computer is not correctly configured or lost the data, you might see the code.
Error 0x800F081F: Windows could not find the .NET source files for the installation to proceed.
How to fix windows 10 error 0x800F081?
Thankfully, two methodologies for how to fix windows 10 error code 0x800F081 you can try. Method 1 can solve more errors apart from error 0x800F081 windows server 2016.
Let’s go for the 0x800F081 windows 10 .net 3.5 fix.
Method 1 – For Windows 10 update error 0x800F081 fix
Particularly, your group policy is affecting Windows ability to activate the installation.
So, how do I fix error code 0x800F081?
- STEP 1. Press Windows + R to bring up the Run dialogue on your screen.
- STEP 2. Type mscand hit Enter.
Now, you will see the Group Policy Editor window.
- STEP 3. Follow the sequence Computer Configuration >> Administrative Templates >> System.
Now, Move your attention to the right-hand panel.
- STEP 4. Scroll down until you find the entry labeled Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair.
Now, you will find it underneath the folders you see at the top of the list.
- STEP 5. Double link on the entry to open the Settings window.
- STEP 6. Lastly, In the top left-hand corner, mark the checkbox next to Enable and click OK.
Now, try to reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
Steps to Reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
As you’ve successfully navigated the instructions. Now, it’s time to install .NET Framework 3.5 and see the error code 0x800F081F has gone away.
- STEP 1. Open the Settings app.
- STEP 2. Go to Apps > Apps and Features.
- STEP 3. Scroll down to Related Settings and click on Programs and Features.
- STEP 4. In the new window, click on Turn Windows features on or off in the upper left-hand corner.
- STEP 5. Lastly,Mark the checkbox next to .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)and click on OK.
Depending on the speed of your connection, the installation process will take a few minutes to complete.
If you again see 0x800F081F windows update error. In short, Your data is lost. Now you have to go for the next method, method 2.
Method 2 – How do I fix 0x800F081F Windows Update Automatically?
Especially, Data loss often leads to this type of error. As a result, Windows could not find particular data to install. Stellar Data Recovery is an easy to use Windows data recovery software. To get back lost documents, emails, photos, videos & many more from a computer, HDD, USB, Memory Card, etc. Especially Stellar Data recovery is best.
Don’t worry follow the step and get over with this issue.
- STEP 1. Download Particularly Stellar Data Recovery software.
- STEP 2. Now Install the software and run it on your system.
- STEP 3. Select which type of data you want to recover under ‘Select What to Recover’ option.
- STEP 4. Choose the desired location from ‘Select Location’ to retrieve the deleted data.
- STEP 5. Click the scan option and it results in the list of files that are shown under ‘File Type,’ ‘Tree View’ and ‘Deleted List’.
- STEP 6. Select the files/folders which you want to recover and click on ‘Recover Button’.
- STEP 7. Lastly, Save the recovered files by choosing the desired location.
As a result, you’ve successfully recovered the data. Now, it’s time to Reinstall .NET Framework 3.5 and see generally the error code 0x800F081F has gone away. Free Download Software To Fix Windows 10 Error 0x800F081 Upgrade to Licensed Version
Now, try to reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
with suggested steps.
As a result, you’ve defeated error code 0x800F081F.
How to Fix Windows 10 Error Code 0x800F081: In short
In brief, follow the given steps.
- Open Group Policy Editor on computer.
- Follow the path Computer Configuration >> Administrative Templates >> System.
- Double-Click on the Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair.
- Lastly, Choose Enable.
Generally, it works. Otherwise, follow these instructions.
- Download, install and run particularly Stellar Data Recovery software.
- Select which type of data you want to recover under the ‘Select What to Recover’ option.
- Choose the desired location from ‘Select Location’ to retrieve the deleted data.
- Click the scan option and it results in the list of files that are shown under ‘File Type,’ ‘Tree View’ and ‘Deleted List’.
- Select the files/folders which you want to recover and click on ‘Recover Button’.
- Save the recovered files by choosing the desired location.
- Lastly, Reinstall .NET Framework 3.5.