Nintendo Switch parental controls are accessible on both, the console and a smartphone. You can manage what your child can access either through the console or a smartphone.
You don’t need to keep an eye on your kid’s game selection every time. The Nintendo Switch’s software has done the hard work for you. You just need to set them up.
Set Up Nintendo Switch Parental Controls
1. First, download Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app from iTunes or Google Play Store. It’s free.
2. Now, open Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app and tap Sign In.
You need to sign in to your Nintendo account. If you don’t have an account then create one.
3. Now, you have to link your account to Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app.
4. After linking your account successfully, tap Next.
5. You’ll see a PIN code on your screen.
Now you need to get things done on your kid’s Nintendo Switch.
6. Unlock your kid’s Nintendo Switch by tapping on any button three times. On the home screen, tap Settings icon.
7. Now, don’t press anything. Use the joystick on the left Joy-Con Controller and scroll down to Parental Controls, then tap on it or use the A button to select it.
8. Now, press A.
9. Tap on Use Your Smart Device.
10. Tap Yes.
11. Now tap Enter Registration Code and enter the PIN code you got on Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app. Wait till they link together.
12. You will get the confirmation on your smartphone.
13. Now set the amount of time you want your kid to play and tap Next.
14. Next, you have to select the restriction level you want to apply. Choose from the options and tap Complete.
You can also use Custom Settings to decide what your kid can access.
15. Tap Continue and you’re all set.