The Apple AirPod is a great device. You can listen to music or other media on your iPhone, iPad, Mac and even on an Apple Watch.
However, you can also connect the Apple AirPod to your Apple TV and quietly watch your favorite movies, listen to music and play games.
But connecting Apple AirPod to an Apple TV is a bit different from other Apple devices. The AirPods works only with the latest version of Apple TV. You can’t pair it with older Apple TVs.
Here, below are the steps to pair an Apple AirPod with Apple TV.
Steps to Pair Apple AirPod with Apple TV
1. First, turn on your TV and set the input to the HDMI connection for your Apple TV. Press the button on remote to turn on the Apple TV.
You may need to turn off Bluetooth on your iPhone, iPad or Mac to avoid interference while pairing your AirPod with Apple TV.
2. Now, go to Settings on Apple TV and choose Remotes and Devices.
3. On the next window, select Bluetooth.
Now, press the button on the back of the AirPod charging and carrying case.
Your AirPod will show up in the list of Bluetooth devices available to pair. You may also see the word “Headphones” instead of the name of your AirPod.
Either way select them to connect your AirPod to Apple TV using Apple TV remote.
4. Now, you need to select AirPod as the Audio Output. First, mute TV so that Apple TV sound effects doesn’t bother anyone.
5. In Settings on Apple TV, go to Audio and Video.
6. Select Audio Output. Here, you’ll see your AirPod listed.
7. Select your Apple AirPod. Apple TV will now connect and start playing audio through your AirPod.
When you are done listening to something or watching movies on your Apple TV, put the AirPods back in their case or connect it to other device. It will automatically get disconnected from your Apple TV.